SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Series 850 too heavy compared to my balance

A distributor from Reading, PA says:
Hello
I,m trying to find a balance for one of our customers. I ordered your part# S850-22 crossbow balance, it was similar but unfortunately it did not match. The spring and shoe on your S850 was heavier than on the balance I need.

Please see attached photos

Let me know if you can match this.
Thank you.
Mike
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. It looks like you have a red shoe. This can actually make a difference in how thick the balance itself is. However, before we look into that, can you confirm the length? Your picture has it listed as 34-1/2", but you purchased the 22-1/2" balance. You might find it easier to measure an undamaged balance.

Let me know!
A distributor from Reading , PA says:
Hi Tom

The 34-1/4" length includes the rod that passes thru the sping and into the shoe. I wasn't sure how these were measured.

I saw you offered a 22" which matched the dimension form the shoe to the top of the spring. I was hoping it would be correct.

This balance must be missing the upper string holder. 34-1/4" should be the total length of the balance. Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks
Mike
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I see. No, the length is the entire balance. We show the best way to measure on the Series 850 page. Check it out to see what I mean.

We're going to bring in a new balance for you. It's a S850-34 with a Red Shoe. This should be skinnier than the options we have for other colored shoes. I'll let you know as soon as we have something for you to see.
A distributor from Reading , PA says:
Hi Tom
Sounds like your S850-34 might be what I'm
after.
If so I will need two of them.
Also can I return the 22" balances
I had ordered? Is there a restocking fee?

Thanks
Mike
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, Mike. I'll let you know as soon as we have the new option available for you, it just may take some time. As for returning the old balances, check out our Return/Exchange Policy.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)