balance coil and shoe for single hung vinyl window

A quick learner from Raleigh, NC says:
As shown in the photograph, the spring coil snapped. The sliding part of the window is double glaze and weigh just a little under 16 pounds. What will be the correct parts for both shoe and coil? Thanks.
coil balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Based on your picture, we would recommend our Series 190 coil spring. You will need to match the number on your existing spring up to the options available for the Series 190.
Hello Tom,
Thanks for your information. Regarding the number on the coil, it is not legible at all. As I posted in my original email. the window weigh slightly less than 16 pounds. Does the help?
The number you quoted, Series 190, is that just the coil spring or a coil spring/shoe combination?
Farouk
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I see. It would depend on how many springs are used on each side. I'm not sure if you use two on each side, or just one. If you just use one on each side, I recommend our S190-840. If you use two, I recommend our S190-440.
Evening Tom,
Thanks for the info. But before placing an order, I need to replace the "shoe" also. Do you carry them? Do you need information on it? Let me know what type of info you need. Thanks.
Farouk
Profile picture of Tom
Sure, we actually have a list for you on the right side of this page that shows all the related hardware to the Series 190 coil spring.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.