SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

balance hardware

A handy person from Lake Placid, FL says:

I need 5/16 X 30 black tip spiral balance for PGT non tilt windows with triple Diamond glass 5/16" thick, 3.0 X 5.0 The original has a balance shoe.

Using your series 500 (black) Can the cross piece be removed and the shoe be riveted in that hole? In a older reply I read, you stated the shoe does not work well with a series 600. Does it work with the 500?

The sash bottom is drilled. Would it be better to install your Bracket,#X54 Product Code: 17-007 and screw that to the sash bottom?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Frank. I'm not sure what shoe you are referring to, exactly. However, I do not recommend removing the cross-piece from the Series 500 tip. If you have to do that, then there should be an easier solution.

Can I see a few pictures of your original hardware? I would like to see what shoe you had at the tip of your balance in the first place.

can you also confirm the diameter of your balance tube? Did you mean 5/8", or 9/16"?
A handy person from Lake Placid, FL says:
The tube measures 9/16 but according to your site information it is considered as 5/8 in the trade.
The lower tube is the broken one with the "good" one above it.
User submitted a photo of window balances.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience. I think we should be able to custom make it. I would be using a 30" Series 600 with a black tip along with our 15-142 shoe. Check out this Custom Spiral Balance Request Form that I have started for you and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)