SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Please help with my balance selection

A quick learner from California says:
Here are the photos of the sash spring and the end clips
The number marked is 3240 with BIS marked perpendicular to it; the top end clip; the reverse view of the top end clip; the End clip on the other side with ruler across it to confirm its width being 1" exact; the top end clip with ruler below it to show it is exact 1"; the top end clip with ruler reverse view.

Can you now identify the Spring type and its price for:
3 pcs. 26" long
12 pcs. 32" long
Are they available ex-stock, or what would be their earliest Lead time?
Transit time and mode I can select while placing the order.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I can see the bottom nylon attachment clearly enough, but I need to know its depth, as well; that is, its heel-to-toe measurement. I also need to see the top attachment. Thank you.
A quick learner from California says:
I would go with 15-004 at the bottom, and that would mean Series 385, since the depth of bottom shoe is more than 1" more like 1 3/32", but then we need Option 3240 BSI, which does not show on 385 series, at least on the web?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
I agree, the Series 385 looks to be our best choice. 3240 is absolutely an option for the S385-33. Did you see that, yet? If you still aren't sure, you can always weigh your sash and compare it to the chart shown on the S385-33 store page.
A quick learner from anaheim, ca says:
Will Option 3240 be at same price?
We need 3 pcs. 385-26 and 12 pcs. 385-32 (NOT 385-33, since the length is 32"). What will be the earliest delivery?
Profile picture of Tom
I would confirm the length of your metal channel. Your current stamp reads 3240, which means that the length should be 33". All prices are listed on each balance's respective store page.
A quick learner from Anaheim says:
I think you did not go through my message.
The stamp on the 33" length is indeed 3240, but what we physically need are 32" and 26" lengths respectively. Unfortunntely I do not have physical access to the springs of these specific lengths, and hence have to place the order for their replacements, assuming this detail.
Profile picture of Tom
I see. In that case, choosing the correct option will require a little more work. Since you're using a different length than what you already have, the option may have a different weight rating. These are precise systems so that kind of change has to be taken into consideration. The only way to know for sure what options you need for your balances is to weigh the sash for each one. We have a chart on each Series 385 store page that lists the options and how much weight they can support. You can just cross-reference the weight of your sash with that chart to determine the correct replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)