SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

balances for Andersen double hung window

A quick learner from Vernon says:
Good day.
I need to order new balances for my andersen double hung window. Is there any way to identify the part number without taking the window apart, taking balances off then having to put window together again and wait for the part to come and repeat the whole process. I do not know the series number of the window but if the window size would help I could measure it for you.
Thanks,
Carmine
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Carmine. If you give us the Height" x Width" of the visible glass, we may be able to make a recommendation. I'm afraid this method is not the most reliable, however, and there is a margin for error. The only way to be 100% sure of what balance you need is to give us each stamp printed on the box itself. I know it's frustrating, but that's just how these windows are designed. At the end of the day, it's up to you. Let us know whenever you can, either way.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)