SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

bal.tip color and bracket#

A quick learner from Scotts Valley,calif. says:
My existing springs have a blue tip and the mounting bracket has 51 stamped on the back.The bracket is 5/16" wide and 7/8" long.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. I see you have posted under the S400-23. Are you asking if this is the correct balance you need? Or are you looking for just the bracket and tip color?

In order for us to identify the proper tip color for your balance, can you first confirm that the S400-23 is the balance that you need? If so, what is the weight of your sash? You can determine this by removing the sash from your window and placing it on a scale.

As for the bracket, take a look at the Related Item(s) section under the S400-23. As you can see, there are a few bracket options available, such as the 17-010, or 17-030. Among this selection of brackets, which one more closely resembles your existing hardware? Compare their dimensions and let me know!
A quick learner from Scotts Valley,calif. says:
My existing spirals are blue tipped,the sash weight is 26lbs.,my brackets are 7/8" long-I suppose the 17-010 would work since there is only 1/8" length difference.I never found an option to change from the red tip you show to a blue tip like I currently have.These windows are 27yrs. old so color codes may have changed.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! I actually just added the Blue Tip option online for you. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)