SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

best hope for an operator

A home owner from Rhode Island says:
The operator for awning windows in my 3 season room came apart. Your video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5aX8Jx9jkw) was extremely helpful in removing it, but I am finding it difficult to locate a replacement. All information says measurements must be precise for it to work properly.

I have no idea what windows were used; they came with the house we bought 2 years ago. The windows were installed in the 1990s, we think. The operator looks very similar to your model 39-025, except for 2 main differences:
1. the length from the arm pivot to the connecting pivot is 2.5" instead of 2.25 inches
2. the connecting pivot is a 3/8" bolt with retaining washer instead of the 10-24 thread bushing

The photo should help illustrate what I am referring to. Could you please help direct me to a model that would be an acceptable replacement? If you need more information, please contact me.

User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have an earlier version of our 39-007. This has the same measurements as yours, but it is connected to the window linkage with a shoulder bolt like our 33-070 and 33-206 washer. To be honest, I like to use the 39-025 as a replacement operator, as well. I like the way it fastens to the window linkage. The travel in the gearing makes up for the 1/4" difference in the link arm. Take a look at both and see what you think. Either one could possibly work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)