SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

betterbilt sliding patio door with Grid

A quick learner from Orlando says:
I bought a sliding glass door in 2002 from Lowes. it has an item # 89271, item description is 5068 Patio Doors with Grids. I need to replace the lower rollers.Are they hard to replace? should I just go ahead and replace the top ones also?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot identify what rollers you have based on this information. Most door manufacturers use generic rollers, so you probably won't find any marking that tells you what you have. The only way to confirm a match is by comparing physical details, such as the design and measurements of your roller. This will require removing it beforehand. Watch the video below, this might help you.
A professional from CA says:
Sliding glass doors almost never have top rollers. The few I've seen were useless. They're just there to simplify flipping the door upside down to reverse handing. This is an unnecessary cost for the manufacturer.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)