SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

biltbest casement windows have come loose

A home owner from springfield illinois says:
while trying to clean 2 of these windows the other day I might have cranked them out to far don't know. anyway in the upper right corner there is a plastic or metal piece that runs in a groove and on both of the windows that piece came loose from the groove and allowed the window to drop down on an angel.

I managed to get both windows closed so rain and dust couldn't come in and then the next day I opened the windows slowly and tried to get the piece back in the groove but couldn't. do I have to take the whole window down or is there an easy way to fix them and where can I get the parts?

there isn't much room to work up in that area of the window. I tried taking a small flat screwdriver and popping the piece back into the groove but I couldn't hold the window and do that at the same time
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm having a hard time visualizing the problem. Can you take a few pictures for me to see? I'd like to specifically see the metal or plastic piece in the upper corner that you mentioned that came loose. Thanks!
A home owner from springfield illinois says:
sorry I cant get pics way back in that corner. the piece im talking about is mounted way back in the upper right of the window. the piece is flat and I guess it is attached or screwed to the flat part on top and then extends with a lip that holds it in place while the window is cranked out. im going to try to send pics but it will be the left side of the window looking at it I was afraid to open the right side not knowing if I would be able to get it shut again or not.
A home owner from Springfield, IL says:
Here are some pics. Thanks
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. The part you're looking for appears to be a slider in the hinge. I'm afraid these sliders are not available separately, so if yours is broken you will need a new hinge. See our 36-013-10 to start and let me know if this is a possible match. Also watch our video on how to remove a casement window hinge. You may want to remove yours before you purchase anything just to be sure!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)