biltbest window crank

A quick learner says:
my number on the crank looks like 234 31 the best I can tell or it could be this number in reverse if you have one that would work please advise
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I don't know what you have based on this information alone. It could be something like our 39-031 or 39-032, but there are too many other possibilities to be sure. Please show me a picture of your operator fully removed from the window and tell me its dimensions. That is the only way we can confidently offer a replacement.
A home owner says:
I dont know how to send a picture except to send it to another phone I am handy just not techy lol I guess I could order both window cranks to see if one fits I just need the cranks the house I bought has only one crank thank you
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If you can't send pictures, just carefully examine the pictures on our 39-031 and 39-032 store pages. We list detailed dimensions. See if they match your current hardware. Also keep in mind that the 39-031 and 39-032 are the same, just for different sides.
A handy person says:
my daughter came home and helped me post pictures hope this helps thanks for your patience
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looks like you have the old Bilt-Best operator, which I'm afraid is no longer available. You will need to retrofit either our 39-027E or 39-013 operator, depending on your arm length. You will also need a new track like our 39-505 and a new handle, such as our 39-114L. You will most likely have to cut your existing "sill cover" to fit the newer style operators. You could consider having a carpenter or contractor to make a new sill cover. What do you think of this solution?
A quick learner says:
i am only looking to replace the handle or crank I cant afford to have all the sills and arms etc redone would the handle crank number you gave me work on the existing thing I have now? I just want cranks I only have one and have to move it to each window thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I see, I'm sorry for the confusion. The term "crank" is generally used to describe the whole operator unit. It sounds like you just want the "handle." What is the size of the spline; that is, the hole that fits over the operator? The 39-114L spline is 11/32", for example.
Alternate view of the gear hole
Alternate view of the gear hole
A quick learner says:
i have no clue what size it is I was hoping you would know from the pictures and number on the handle if I need to measure something let me know
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, we need you to measure the spline. This is the hole in the handle. I posted a picture of what the spline looks like on our 39-114L as an example. Please measure this and let me know what it is.
A quick learner says:
the hole measures 5/16
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks. If you say your spline hole in the handle is 5/16", then our 39-274 handle may work. But make triple check to make sure it is 5/16". The size of a spline can get pretty specific, going even into the 1/32" range.
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.