SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

block and tackle balances

A home owner from Kimball,TN says:
35 yr old windows made by Jordan Co of Memphis now out of business. Block and tackle balances are 1/2" nom and the marking on this one is 2820. Top shoe seems to match your 19-002 and bottom your 15-003 for which I see no series on your web site.It comes from an equal sash 24" wide x60" high single hung non tilt alum frame window(2050) with 5/8 insulated glass.I have several size windows with rusted/broken springs that I would like to replace the balances.Don't quite know how to interpret the # on the existing balance to order replacements. Any info to get me the right balances would be appreciated.Thanks, Jasper
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Jasper,
We can make the needed configuration for you. Please check the length of the balance, a 1/2" side-load block and tackle channel balance with 2820 stamped on it normally measures 29", excluding the fittings for the length measure.
Fill out the following form to get started:

Custom Balance with 15-003 & 19-002 attached
A landlord from Blanchard says:
Hi, my name is David and I need the same custom balance with 15-003 & 19-002 attached. I need 12 of them and dont know how to order them. Also I need a rivet tool and 100 rivets, and 50 19002 tops & 50 15003 shoes, and 25 retainers. Let me know how to order all of these items. Thanks!
A quick learner from Blanchard says:
In reference # 5736 I forgot to tell you the the length of the balance is 29" with the # 2830 stamped on it. Thanks
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, David.

You can execute the Custom Balance, 15-003 and 19-002, 2830 ordering link.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)