SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

bottom of acorn door has worn out

A handy person from North Bay Ontario, Can says:
I have a Acron series sliding aluminum patio door CMHC CGSB-82-CP-2A and the runner that the door slides is worn out. can u help me

I also need the bearing or whatever it is on the bottom of the door that slides on the runner. You can see on the picture how the door is lower on one side than the other the runner is worn out
User submitted photos of a patio door track
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! If I'm understanding correctly, it sounds like you need new rollers for your door because your old ones are so worn that it has become lopsided. I would start by looking at our 81-030, which is meant to work with Acorn brand patio sliding glass doors. However, I cannot guarantee that this is what you have, it's just an educated guess. The only way you can know for sure is to remove your roller completely and carefully compare it to the 81-030 to ensure that they match. See the video below for instructions on how to remove a door.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "bearing." Could you mean the track cover? See our 80-100 or 80-102 and let me know. We also have a video on how these work.
A professional from California says:
If the rail that the door sits on is as short as it appears in the picture, 80-102 may not have enough surface to support it. It is not meant to carry the full weight of the door for long distances. It is better for bridging short gaps and rough spots.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)