broken bonneville window balance

A handy person from Vermont says:
Hello I have several Bonneville windows with broken sashes, and I am having trouble finding the replacement balances. It sounds like you may stock the item i am looking for
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think we can help, but I'm afraid I can't confirm based on the stamp alone. All that tells us is how strong the spring is. I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A quick learner from Northern Vermont says:
I looked through your balance selection but did not see anything that matched the broken balance, in the pictures the locking terminal has been damaged with the metal part that the pivot cam locks into being pulled out it proper place, also apart of the broken pivot cam is in the slot in the locking terminal, thank you for your help.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional information. I recognize this balance. It was made by a company that went out of business, and is no longer made. That said, we should still be able to help. Consider our S795-31 channel balance with stamp of 31E for sashes weighing 29 through 33 pounds. I think you might be able to get this to work as a substitute. However, you would need to take out the 1-1/4" wide shoe that comes with it and replace it with our 1" wide 15-194. What do you think of this solution?
A quick learner from Vermont says:
Yes that solution sounds great, I look forward to ordering several balances with the alternative bottoms when I return from vacation. You have been a tremendous help and Swisco is a great cite for people who are looking for replacement Balances for bonneville Windows , thanks
A quick learner from vermont says:
just getting back on the project now, and i found a few potential problems the solution using the S795 series. In my pics bottom of the balance has a shoe a single piece of plastic that goes back up 1.5 inches in the channel and has pulleys. and there is a plastic guide that goes on the top of the balance,
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If the Series 795 balance will not work, then I'm afraid we have no other possible replacement. Your old balances aren't made anymore, unfortunately. Since these are wood windows, a local mill work may be able to make new jamb liners for you. These would come with all new springs, and hopefully they'll be more modern.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.