SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

broken casement window hinge

A contractor from Nashville TN says:
need your help...these hinges are at the top of the casement windows that crank out.

Thanks!
Nancy
User submitted photo of their casement window hinge.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I believe you might have the 36-013-10 hinge but your hinge is possibly longer. Measure your hinge and compare it to the 36-013-10 and let me know if it is a match or not.
A contractor says:
Dave...sorry it took me a while to get back with you. The 36-013-10 is a good replacement. We will have to do some modifications on our end. I'll place the order online with your company.

We do have another question: we need to replace some of the EntryGuard Operators. They sit on the right hand side of the window from the inside of the house. Will that be a left handed operator?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Hi Nancy, can you send a photo of your operator? We will be able to help provide you with the SWISCO part number of the replacement operator you will need to order.
A contractor says:
my last order for this part from your company was part number #39-032. It replaced the opener sitting on the left hand side of the window from the inside of the house. On the receipt it says it is for a right handed operator.

I guess the left and right is from the outside of the house view looking in the window...opposite of what I would think.

I don't have my camera handy...it is with my son in Europe.

Thanks again!
Nancy
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
We removed the 'right hand' and 'left hand' tags from our casement operators because it is very confusing because the classification would differ depending on the window brand or operator manufacturer. The best way to figure out which one you need is to compare the one you are replacing to the product picture. You will receive exactly what you see in the product picture. Take a look at both the 39-031 and 39-032.
A contractor says:
thank you...we can figure it out from here.
Nancy
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)