SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

broken lock looking for replacement

A quick learner from DeMotte, IN says:
Attached pictures are of the stickers found on the door. The opening for the lock from screw to screw is 3 11/16 in. There is also a picture of lock in the door. The place where we bought the door said to go to the manufacturer. I emailed the manufacturer twice with no response. I'm hoping you can help. Thanks.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I'm afraid only two pictures came in, both of which of stickers on your door. I'm hesitant to recommend a replacement part without seeing the original, but based on these stickers you might have an Atrium patio glass door. The 82-218 was often used by this company. I highly recommend comparing our pictures and dimensions to your existing part to confirm it's a match. That is the best way to determine whether a part can work for you.
A quick learner from DeMotte, IN says:
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm going to try to send a picture of the lock again.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! No need to go to the manufacturer for this. I believe our 82-218 mortise lock can replace your old one. As for the handle set, it could be either our 82-073 for 1-3/8" thick doors or the 82-074 for 1-5/8" thick doors.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)