SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

broken lock on locked casement window

A quick learner from Big Lake, MN says:
I have a casement window and the lock broke while the window was closed and shut. How can I access the lock if the window is closed and locked? Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This could either be very easy or very hard. Hopefully, you can just use a screwdriver to manually throw the lock. If not, I highly recommend contacting a local handy person to help you out. It will not be an small project getting it out.
A quick learner says:
Can you guys answer one more question please? I sent two pictures of my window, do you guys have the parts (lock) of that particular window? Thanks
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We carry many locks that may replace this, but there's no way to know without removing it. One of the more vital dimensions is the size of the fork that does the locking. You will have to remove this from the window in order to find the right part. You can see our entire selection here
A quick learner says:
Thanks, I really appreciate!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)