broken forever screen pin

A quick learner says:
One of the pins that holds up the screen in my Forever Door has broken off. As a result, I am unable to lower the screen. I am also unable to raise the window because the screen is covering the mechanism that releases the window so that it could be raised. Is there a way to lower, or remove, the screen so that I can access the window mechanism to raise it?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I would like to see some photos of the door and screen so that I can recommend a solution to the problem. In the meantime, I believe that your screen has similar pull pins to our 70-009. Try pulling on the pins and see if that releases the screen from its track in the door.
A quick learner says:
Re: Post #D47324 ... after trying to find a solution to this problem at Lowes, Home Depot and two local window and door businesses, the friend, for whom I had submitted this question, came home and simply stuck a screwdriver in between the track and the screen and the screen immediately dropped. She then was able to access the window mechanism. I'm not sure how the screwdriver solved the problem ... I guess, similarly to the way unplugging a computer will fix certain computer issues. Nonetheless, the problem is solved ... until she could purchase and install a new door. Thanks for getting back to me/us!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Oh, great! Glad things are settled. If you have any other questions, we will be happy to help as best as we can.
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.