SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

broken sliding impact door part

A home owner from Lighthouse Point, FL says:
brushed chrome 8 1/2"handle. Handle attaches to broken part probably cast metal which has SGDH-3-A marking on inside. Screws are 3 15/16 center-to-center
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with those codes. Please send us some photos of your handle along with dimensions for us to look at.
A home owner from Florida says:
Attached are 3 photos you requested, including the remaining broken piece. Screws are 3 15/16" center-to-center. Total handle height 8 1/2". These are on heavy impact sliders.

Thank you
Rick
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you again for your continued patience. Just letting you know we may have a lead on something, but are just clearing up some details to confirm it's a good fit for you. In the meantime, can you clarify exactly what you're looking for? Do you want just the inside handle that has broken, or are you looking to replace the inside and outside handles? Do you only want the functioning locking handle, or are you interested in the dummy-side as well?
A home owner from Florida says:
Tom,
As you can see on the photo, the handle itself is not broken. it's the vertical bar with the two screws that broke. If I can purchase only that piece that would be fine (I'll take 2 or 3 just in case). If I have to take the handle as well, that's ok too.I don't need the locking mechanism

Thanks so much!
Rick
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid those back plates aren't available separately. Usually when one is damaged you'll need a new handle set. Start by looking at our 82-035 or 82-079 and see if you can get either of these to work. Please make sure to confirm your hole spacing to see if they aren't 3-15/16" instead. Do you think one of these could work on your door?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)