SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

broken string for a channel balance

A home owner from Hayward says:
I am trying to find a replacement but was not sure to place the order yet for the 27" Series 351 Channel Balance.
I measure it and it came up with 27" as well as 1/2 wide balancer. However, when I look under options the number that has been posted does not match with any numbers that are printed on the back of my old balancer.

Here's whats printed on the back of my old balancer which by be way is out of an ATRIUM non tilt window.

86 26-4 FB5 CMC 1208

I was wondering which order i need to place to have two of them ordered as well as the only problem I am having is that the string that keeps the spring under tension is broken and seems like its braking on several other balancers. Can those white strings be replaced?

Please let me know so I can put the order in asap.

User submitted picture of channel balance attachments.
A home owner from Hayward says:
Tom i measured the shoe. From the pocky tip to the bottom is 1 inch. So i think thats the length of it. When i measure the shoe from its side its 1 1/8 inch and i believe thats the depth. So in that case it might be a series 390 with 27 inches long and i believe option 2640 based on the info i got back from you. Please confirm so i can put the order in today! I appreciate all your help. Quiet complicated. :) Frank
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us, Frank. If your shoe has a 1-1/8" depth, we're looking at a 15-001. Does that look right?

I do not think you have our Series 390, however, as your top attachment has wings. With a non-winged bottom attachment and a winged top attachment. The balance you need is the S395-27 with the 2640 option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)