broken tilt shoe

A quick learner from Minnetrista, Minnesota says:
The hook on the tilt shoe that holds down the spring loaded balancer has broken on multiple windows in our home. Once it snaps, it shoots the balancer straight through the window casing. This happens when they are closed, locked, and no one is touching/near them.
Is this something that could be covered under a warranty? If so, how do we find out who installed the windows/who the manufacturer is? The only id I can find (no etchings or serials) is the little white sticker.
Our home is 9 years old, we are the 3rd owners.

If not under warranty, is there a way to repair the shoe, tilt locks, and window casing?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The sticker tells me the window is a Series 2900, but that doesn't necessarily narrow it down. Silverline manufacturer made a Series 2900 window, but your tilt latches look like our 26-243 and 26-244 (please compare dimensions to confirm), two parts that Silverline didn't use.

For the balance, see our Series 765 to start out. I think this could be a match. In regards to the warranty, I don't think it is transferable to a new owner, but you would need to contact the original maker of the window to be sure.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.