SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

broken upper hinge on casement window

A quick learner from Philadelphia says:
Hi, I'm hoping you can help me identify this hinge or a suitable replacement. Ideally something heavy duty, because after looking at various hinges online I have a sneaking suspicion these hinges might be inadequate for a 6 foot casement window.

The 3 images showing the full window are the actual window with the busted hinge. The closeups of the hinge are taken from an identical window around the side that isn't as high off the ground. I'm not able to get closeups/remove the broken hinge at the moment, as I won't have access to a second set of hands or a 12 foot ladder until this weekend. Hopefully its enough, but if not I can send more images this weekend.

The hinge popped while I was opening it. The window was then hanging by half of that hinge and resting on the bottom hinge, so I ran outside and held the window to keep it from falling out if the rest of the hinge failed and yelled for help. After about 10 minutes a passerby helped me out so I could get the window closed and re-engage the latch.

I didn't get a good look at the broken part while holding holding the window, but I believe what happened is the arm popped off the axle/swivel at the top. I'm not sure if the arm and/or axle is damaged, or if it just popped off.

Thanks so much!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Based on your dimensions, I would recommend our 36-013-10 stainless steel hinge set. Let me know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)