broken/bent pin

A home owner from Washington NC 27889 says:
This is half of the broken part. Pin slips in slider on left side of window.
Windows installed about 9 years ago.
( Why it bent/broke is a question)
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have the old style Certainteed tilt bar. You might be able to use the new style, 26-175 without changing the pivot shoe, but I can't be sure. Better yet, you can send me a few pictures of the pivot shoe so we can be sure of what you have and what can work as a replacement.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
You may also want to consider our 26-353, which appears similar to your broken piece.
A quick learner from Washington NC 27889 says:
Have attached more pictures. Question remains, why did it break and bend?
There appears to be a part H on the actual part. 103-2
What about my warranty?
Thanks !!
User submitted photos of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for getting back to us. I'm not sure why yours bent and broke. It's possible they just wore down with age and use. How old are they?

As for the replacement, we still think the 26-353 is a good place to start. Take a look at this older discussions where another customer used it successfully to replace a pivot bar very similar to yours.
A quick learner from Washington NC 27889 says:
Windows are about nine years old. Really don't use that much. Is there a warranty on the part ?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if your window has a warranty or not. You would have to contact whoever you bought it from.

We do not offer warranty on our parts, but you can return something if it doesn't work. Check out our Return Policy for more information.
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.