browen crank knob

A home owner from edison ,NJ says:
window crank opening knob broken, on the handle of knob says- "Termal gard "
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Looks like the gear bore came out, which means you'll need to replace the whole operator, not the handle. I can help you find a match, but I will need to see a picture of the operator removed from the window. Alternatively, you can open the window as far as it can go and show me the arms. Either way, I'll need to see the design of the arms before I can offer a replacement. Thanks!
Do you want me to send photo of the arm with fully open window, it might take few days when weather improves for me to open window. I am not sure if I can remove operator from window let me know if any suggestions.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Whichever way you're more comfortable with! We just need to see the entire operator. See the video below for help on replacement.
Knob to open window broken attached some pictures.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
20810, Entry Gard Truth
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. Please see our 39-031 and 39-032 and see if these will work. All you need to do is confirm that the dimensions are the same.
A home owner from Edison ,NJ says:
I have a window with Vinyl frame,I am not sure how I can replace whole operating system since the handle to crank open the window is broken.Dimensions of operator 39-031 dimensions appear to be ok.
Profile picture of Tom
To replace this operator, you will first need to remove the vinyl sill cover that goes on top of it.
A home owner from Edison,NJ says:
I am not able to remove vinyl casing in order to remove old broken knob,can you suggest. Video sent before has wooden casing, I have vinyl casing,appears
different than wooden
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
There has to be away to access the mounting screws in the base of the operator. Take a good look and see if you can use an off-set screw driver to access the mounting screws. If you still can't get to the screws, you have to remove the sill cover. There is no other way.

Looking at your first photo you sent, it looks like there is a seam on the bottom of the sill cover. That mean it might be one that snaps in place. Take a small screw driver or chisel and try to pry it up at one end and see if you have any luck, just like how we show in our video. You just have to be more careful that you don't crack or damage the plastic on the frame. If you are not comfortable doing this then I recommend hiring a handy person to come out and do it for you.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.