SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

bug flaps widths

A home owner from New Jersey says:
what is the width of the 58-053 bug flaps, do they come in various widths?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Not sure what you mean by width of the bug flaps? In the 59-053 product picture, two dimensions that could be considered widths are displayed. What dimension are you looking for exactly?
A quick learner says:
1 or 11/8" and 5/16" 8ft or standard length
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I am sorry, can you clarify what you are asking?
A quick learner from CA says:
Bug flap. I measured the one on the screen door, it is 1 inch but because of wear I believe it could be 1 1/18 in. The other dimension is about 5/16 in. The total length can be the 8 ft and I will cut it down to fit. Do you have the bug flap with that measurement? The smaller measurement is the more critical one as it has to flit in the slot in the screen door. Im not so sure the 1 in or 1 1/8 inch makes a difference.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
The other bug-flaps we offer have tear strips to accomodate different widths but the insert portions do not measure 5/16".
A quick learner says:
How close to 5/16 in?
A quick learner says:
59-053 is 5/16 in?? Maybe the dimension I called width was misunderstood?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
View the dimensions of 59-054 and 59-057, these are the bug flaps with the tear strips.
A quick learner from Sterling Heights, MI says:
I am looking for a bug flap for my patio door that
would have a 4 inch width. Can the bug flaps that your company has, be adjusted to a 4 inch width?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Yes, they can be cut to shorter lengths.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)