SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

builder grade windows with spiral balances

A quick learner from USA says:
I have builders grade windows on my patio (about 20 years old) that have spiral balances. They are non-tilt, but the balances seem like they are set up for a tilt tool. These windows do not have a metal piece that secures to the bottom of the window. I can send pics, but don't have them right now. Any idea?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm not sure. Since this window is 20 years old, I don't want to jump to any conclusions. Can you show me a couple pictures of your existing hardware? That will help us determine if we can come up with a possible solution. Thanks!
A quick learner says:
Attached are the pictures of the inner workings of the balance and then one of the bottom of the window. Thanks for your help
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! These look like pretty standard non-tilt spiral balances to me. I think you could have either our Series 400 with an outer tube diameter of 3/8", or our Series 500 with an outer tube diameter of 5/8".
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)