SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

rollers for bypass door bottom track

A quick learner says:
if i am using the track 23-243, what rides in the track?
what parts do i need to attach to bottom of doors?

thanks
paul
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Paul! Are you asking for what rollers go with the 23-243 Sliding Mirror Door Track? If so, please see our 23-199 or 23-225 mirror bottom door rollers. Do they match your existing hardware?
A quick learner says:
thanks tom. that was my question.

the hardware on my door more resemble 23-220, but i dont like them. i thought something with a roller would be smoother. i just have to retrofit my doors.

does this seem logical to do? heres a pic of the bottom inside of my door and the existing track.
A customer submitted photo of a closet door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for getting back to us. I hate to say it, but when I look at your door, I do not think you will be able to retrofit it to use the 23-199 or 23-225 rollers. Your best bet would probably be to use something like our 23-220 bottom guide pair.
A quick learner says:
hmmm. thanks for the advice. if i use the 23-220, and the bottom track, will it run smoothly? i will have rollers on the top track. i absolutley hate the way my current guides screech and squeal! although they ARE old!
haha

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the 23-200 Bottom Guide Pair should run fairly well on our 23-243 sliding mirror door bottom track. I just ran back and tried them out myself, and they were quiet and smooth!
A quick learner says:
great! then i will order those! thank you guys so much for the assistance.

paul
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)