can't decide between parts 32-081 VS 32-082

A home owner from Torrance, California says:
I own 3 dressers that have the Kenlin drawer socket (32-081) & many of them are broken & need to be replaced but I can't decide if I should get the heavy duty drawer socket (32-082) vs the regular ones that came with my furniture. Your website says that both of these are interchangeable. so I assume that the heavy duty one will still fit the existing track but will last longer due to the metal casing. Is this correct?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the 32-082 will replace the 32-081, the only difference is there is an added metal plate to the 32-082.
A quick learner says:
Does the metal plate on 32-082 prevent the two prongs from breaking that slide into the track. This is the part of the socket with which I have had a problem.
Profile picture of Casey
No, I do not believe so. The metal plate covers the body portion not the prongs.
You didn't quite answer my question above(Homeowner from Torrance California) regarding the Kenlin drawer sockets. The heavy duty one 32-082 has an added metal plate compared to 32-081 but will this make it more durable??? Will this heavy duty one (32-082) fit my furniture(with broken 32-081) without having to drill new holes or will I have to replace screws to longer ones? I just placed an order yesterday & hope these will work.
Profile picture of Casey
The metal plate is added for strength however it does not appear that it will help if you have a problem with the prongs portion of this socket.
The heavy duty (32-082) will fit your furniture if it does match up to the 32-081, you will not need to drill new holes and should not need longer screws; the metal plate only adds 1/16".
Thanks for your prompt reply. I will replace the drawer sockets as soon as I received them & will let you know how it all worked out. Thanks again!
A professional from Gurnee, IL says:
The metal plate on the heavy duty glides will not PREVENT the 2 rear prongs from breaking....However!!! It does add extra added strength to them to help from the prongs breaking. (Thats why they were engineered) "Heavy Duty " product. DUHHHHH LIKE WHY DID THEY EVEN MAKE A HEAVY DUTY glide FOR???? The metal plate as you can see, rapps around the 90 degree angle (Corner)of the prongs where the most stress is endured. That's where 99% of my customers GLIDES BREAK AT....(Thats why they engineered the plates) SO JUST SPEND THE EXTRA FEW BUCKS AND DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, DO IT RIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE. I will even go more in detail...Most of the plastic ones break for 1 of 2 reasons, (all stress related) 1.) Trying to force the drawer out...CRACK! (you have to remove this part to do so...and yes you have to take the back off) 2.) Putting heavy down force on the drawer when opened....CRACK! THE METAL PLATE WILL AID BOTH OF THESE SITUATIONS! BUT WILL NOT "PREVENT" I could break it with 50 plates on it if i wanted to. (the plate does not require longer screws) ENOUGH SAID!
Roger
IF I CAN'T FIX IT.....(NO-ONE CAN)...IT'S BROKE!
A professional from MA says:
The question should have been: "Why did they make a light duty glide?"

The answer is: They made an engineering error in their stress calculations (assuming they did any). Obviously the 32-081 part is junk or they would not have revised it by designing the 32-082.
A home owner from surfside beach sc says:
asking mr professional from Gurnee, Il. you stayed and yes you have to take the back off.the back off of what?thanks
A quick learner from New York says:
I have always purchased the heavy duty socket with the extra plate. Yet each and every one either broke on the plastic case runner, or the plastic opening on the socket where the case runner glides. The metal plate did not help them last longer. Sadly I have to replace these far too often!
How to replace a Kenlin drawer socket
How to replace a Kenlin drawer socket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Kenlin drawer replacements and adaptations
Kenlin drawer replacements and adaptations
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.