cant get old screen door latch out

A home owner from spokane, washington says:
I ordered and received both the 83-115 screen door latch and 83-118 protector to replace. However, we cannot get the old latch out. It seems to be hanging up on something, Have watched your video several times but wont come out. Can you give us any help?

Thank you
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I took another look at the video myself. In removing the latch it looks like you need to wiggle the latch to remove it from the door. In my own experience I know it can be a little tight. Try using a spray lubricant like a silicone spray, that could help loosen it up. Also if you can take a look inside the door cut out to see if there is any wear in the door that could be hanging it up.
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.