SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

casement swing arm

A contractor from Langhorne, PA says:
Before I order, please confirm which part I should order. two identifiable numbers are on two separate pieces of this part that I need to replace. one piece has 20810 and another piece has 30841L. It is either your part number 39-155 or your 39-031. Please confirm which one to order.

Mike, Regal Construction Mgnt.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 39-031 operator was used by various window manufactures. It has a 4-1/2" link arm with the clip on it. The 39-155 was used mainly by "Cardco" windows. It has a 3-13/16" link arm with the clip on it with #20755 stamped on it. Sorry I can not ID your numbers. Go onto each product page to get a better look. You can also post pictures of your hardware if you would like us to try to identify which replacement operator you need.
A quick learner says:
Dave, the long arm measures 9 1/2" does that help? When looking at the window from the interior, the locks are on the left and it pivots from the right.
- Mike
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Dave's original reply used the term "long", but we have since changed it to "link".
A quick learner says:
If you may, Is anyone there able to zero in on the part I am looking for? The glide rail did have Thermal Gard stamped on it.
- Mike L.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
We would be happy to research this for you if you cannot identify the needed hardware on our site. Please post some pictures of your hardware in a reply to this discussion thread.
A quick learner says:
The glide rail has "Thermal Gard" stamped on it. The Long arm measures 9.5", the small piece closest to the interior, and has a curve to it, has a stamp (30841L), the piece connected to that one and then to the sash has a stamp also (20810).
User photo of their Thermal Gard glide rail.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Does the link arm measure 4-1/2" or 3-13/16"?
A quick learner says:
I do not wish to make another trip to the job, to measure again. It would be embarrassing.If the stamped numbers don't answer that question then I will take a guess and say 4-1/2"
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
That is embarrassing, I wish I could tell from the photo exactly what one to choose, the 39-031 and 39-032 operators with the 4-1/2" link arm are more popular so that is a good choice when you are not sure of the size.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)