casement window crank

A home owner from Burbank CA says:
Need a left and right replacement for this window, I also need the slide that attaches to the window
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The operator I see in your photo looks like an old version of the 39-268. However the 39-268 crank handle comes straight out, while your crank handle is angled upward. We also carry another type that may be worth considering. See our 39-020 operator, though I'm not sure if you can adapt it to your window. You might need to make up a new sill cover to accommodate the 39-520 track. The 39-268 I believe would be the best replacement, but take a look and see what you think.
A home owner from Burbank CA says:
Dave- it looks like the 39-268 would work, however, do you sell the part that attaches to the window that the hinge slides on?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If you look at the 39-268 arm. you will see an attachment with two screw holes. The bracket has a nylon wheel, so as you crank the handle, the arm slides over the nylon wheel. That bracket takes the place of the track. Does that make sense? Let me know if you'd like any clarification.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 39-268 wood window crank operator
How to install the 39-268 wood window crank operator
GUIDE
READ >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.