SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

casement window crank handle

A handy person from Santa Barbara, Ca says:
The crank handle im looking for is as the added picture shows, the measurements are 5-1/2L X 5/16W. I have found many with 1/4 width which is too small for my window. If you could help me find some of these I would be
very appreciative. Thank you
User submitted photo of their window crank handle.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Are there any names or stamps on the window crank hardware (or the window itself)?
A quick learner says:
none
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately we were unable to locate a 5/16" crank handle. You may have to change out the complete operator. Take a look at the 39-268 Wood Casement Operator.
A quick learner from santa barbara says:
These operators came with or house we bought in 1970. I want to keep the original hardware. I have taken some off to re-paint. To answer your question Mike, There is a marking I didn't originally see. Under the operator it says RIXSON, then has either R or L for right-left.
A quick learner says:
here is picture of casement operator thank you
User submitted photo of Rixson operator.
Profile picture of Mike
Thank you for submitting your photo to us.

Unfortunately Rixson no longer produces window hardware. We have been unable to locate an original Rixson window operator to use as a replacement.
A quick learner says:
Oh boy, well thank you so much for your efforts I appreciate it.I will probably be fabricating some myself.
Profile picture of Mike
I hope everything works out for you.

Let us know if you find a solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)