SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

casement window operator

A handy person says:
I need 3 US Thorn Co Philadelphia PA Patent #1941432 casement window operators. The screws are 1/4" in from the edge, 3 1/2" from the first screw and 4 5/16 from the first screw. The arm is 10 3/4" from the pin to the end. The tip is a T shaped piece that slides in the grove; not the typical round slide. Do you have a replacement for this?
User submitted photo of US Thorn Co Philadelphia casement operator 1941432.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

We do carry a set of Thorn replacement operators, the Swisco 39-003 and 39-004 Thorn Window Crank. The style is a little different but may work with your application.
A home owner from Los Angeles says:
Hello handy person.
I am wondering if you was able to replace your window cranks with this slightly different item (39-003 and 39-004 Thorn Window )?

I have similar problem with my old metal windows.

A home owner from Moultonboro, NH says:
I want to confirm that part 39-004 will work to replace these cranks.
A customer submitted photo of a window operator.
J.S. Thorn Co.
Philadelphia, PA
Patent 1941432
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Thank you for posting. I have placed you into an existing thread concerning this Thorn operator. As Dave said above, the style of our 39-003 & 39-004 Thorn Window Cranks are a little different, but they may work with your application. Your best bet would be to compare the dimensions as shown for the 39-003 & 39-004, such as arm length and screw hole distance, and see if you can get it to work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)