SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

casement window operator replacements

A home owner from Roseville, CA says:
I have 4 or 5 windows that need operators replaced. Having trouble emailing any photos. Can I speak with someone who can tell me if you can even help me. I know how to text the photos to a cell phone with no problem. Window repairer suggested I spend thousands replacing all the perfectly good windows. I want to sell my house so I need to fix the windows first.

I am really at a loss.

Sharon M. H.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, we should be able to help. You can upload your images directly to this thread. Look at the form below. You will see several boxes that you can type in, and below those a button that says "Choose File." When you click on that, it will open a window that will allow you to browse your computer until you find where you saved the image. Select the image, click "Open," and then click "Submit!" Make sure you fill out the rest of the text boxes, though, or else your post won't make it through. If you have more than one image, click "+add another image" and repeat the process. You can upload up to five images at a time.

Once we see pictures of the hardware you want to replace, I would be happy to help you locate replacements for them. In my experience, it's very rare that a situation will be so bad that you have to replace the whole window! Usually all it takes is just a couple parts here and there and the problem is solved.

If you want, you can also just browse through our selection of window operators and accessories. Maybe you can find something here!
A home owner from USA says:

I need to replace 4 or more casement operating arms. I have spent years trying to do this, and nobody could help me. Here are some photos of two arms, one broken and one that works. Please help.
Sharon H.

User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
These images are perfect, Sharon, thank you! I recognize this operator. You have an older style, which may be why you're having trouble finding replacements. I believe our newer style 39-091 and 39-092 can work for you, though. Just confirm that the dimensions are the same. They can use either or 39-114L or the 39-205 as a handle, if you want to replace that as well. Finally, you may also need the 39-522 connecting bracket. Let me know what you think!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)