SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

certainteed double hung windows

A handy person from Hanapepe Hawaii says:
I have a window that has had several people "working" on it and some of the parts are pretty mangled. The pivot shoes don't seem to pivot and the springs are broken. I have identified "LA 407" on one spring and each side has three springs. Is it possible to get a kit that contains all parts required to rebuild? One of the (t-bars?) is broken on the other window. Thanks, Allan

ps I can try to take photos if that would help
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have any kind of kit that contains everything necessary for a tilt window, as there are simply too many different combinations. Pictures would be a huge help for us. If you were to remove each part you want to replace and take a picture of them separately, we will try to find a good match,
A handy person from Hanapepe Hawaii says:
Here are some photos. I don't know if this is enough but each window is about 18"x36".
Appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks, Al
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Alright, thank you. I recommend you look at the following hardware: our 26-353 pivot bar, 15-155 pivot shoe, and either our Series 170 or Series 171 coil spring. If you also need the spring housing hardware, see our 15-156 cover and 15-157 bushing. Carefully look this hardware over and see if you can get it to work. I know the pivot bar looks a little different, but the 26-353 can still work with our 15-155 shoe and I believe it's a modern replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)