certainteed tilt window parts

A home owner from Ocean City, N.J. says:
I got parts a couple of years ago for my windows, I think they were window pivot bars #26-353. Can you tell me if the tilt latches 26-288 and 26-289 will work for the same window? Also, along the side of the window is a vertical slot that the pivot bar rides in and the tilt latch locks into, at the top of that slot is (for lack of the exact terminology)a "stop" that snaps into that slot and keeps the lower sash from being pushed all the way to the top of the window opening. I don't see that part in your literature. Finally, which vent lock should work with the window described above?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Without seeing the hardware itself, it would be hard for us to make a confident recommendation. However, take a look at our 26-288 and 26-289 latches and 26-148 vent lock. If these do not match, I will need pictures of the hardware in question.
A home owner from Ocean City,N.J. says:
Thanks, they look like the correct parts, but I was wondering if the "26" at the beginning of the part # indicates they are all for one particular window or if that is just a general#? Also, any idea about the part I had mentioned that stops the lower sash a little short of the top when opened fully?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
No, that's just a general number for inventory. As for the window stop, I'm not sure what you have. Could I see a photo of it?
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.