SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

86 31-9 LA5 CMC 1 channel balance

A quick learner from Edmonton, Alberta Canada says:
Hello, I require a replacement channel balance for my sliding window. The part number on the back of the metal piece is 86 31-9 LA5 CMC 1. Are you able to help me identify the part? Thank you. Lesley
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot identify your balance based on that stamp. I will need you to take a few pictures of the part in question so that we can find a good match. Specifically, I will need to see pictures of the top and bottom ends of the metal channel. I will also need you to tell me the length of the channel and the weight of the window sash. Hopefully we can find a good match from there.
A quick learner from Edmonton, Alberta says:
Thank you very much for your help. The length of the metal part of the channel is 32" the sash weighs 36 lbs. I have attached two pictures if the ends. Thank you!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. I would start by looking at our S390-32 balance. Carefully compare this to your own hardware and see how well they match. I also recommend the 3165 stamp option based on the weight of your sash.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)