channel balance 27C BSI and shoe

A home owner from Ohio says:
We have a window that goes up but does not stay up, it just slams back down. We believe we need to replace the shoe or channel balance and shoe. I'm unable to find a similar shoe. The windows were manufactured in 2006 by American Weatherseal who has since gone out of business. Can you recommend what might fit the channel balance 27C BSI? Pictures attached.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This looks like a Series 795 balance, but with a 15-194 shoe and 15-198 clip at the top. I'm afraid the 15-194 shoe will not fit on your balance, since yours has a crimped end. They no longer make balances like that.

That aside, we can custom make this for you, if you wish. Before we begin, can you just tell me how many you need?
A home owner from Ohio says:
We think we just need the metal piece in the shoe, we discovered that the window wasn't catching because the metal piece was broken. Do you sell just the metal piece to fit our shoe?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We do not, but you could possibly swap the metal cams out. If you unhook the green collar on the shoe the cams should come out.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.