channel balance

A home owner from Big Pine, CA says:
Hi, My windows are Kinro vinyl single hung. The channel balance looks identical to your 26" series 385. The markings on my channels are 26 4 and a very faint B.S.I and a small letter L. The window sash measures 28 5/8" high x 44 1/4" wide x 1" deep. What weight option will I need to order?

thanks, gary
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hi, Gary. Your stamp implies that you have a 27" balance with a 2640 stamp option. You would then need to identify your Series. If you believe your balance looks like S385-27, be sure to check out the difference between S385 and S380, which is a single measurement of the balance shoe:
Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005

Once you have identified whether you need S380 (with a 15-005 shoe) or S385 (with a 15-004 shoe), measure the length of the metal channel (and just the metal channel) to verify the length you need for your balance. It should measure 27". You can double-check the stamp option by removing the window and weighing it. For a 2640 stamp, the window should weigh 19 to 26 pounds. Let me know if you need help to verify all this.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.