channel balance ID

A quick learner from Saint Cloud, FL says:
My number is 29-1 and I am uncertain as to the correct replacement based on the load rating.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
A stamp of 29-1 usually correlates to a 30" long balance with a 2910 option. I see you were looking at our S385-29. Can you confirm the length of your metal? It should be 30", not 29".
I measured it from the extreme end of the metal and it is 30" but from the lower side of the pulley it is 29", which is why I was uncertain.
Profile picture of Tom
You do not measure anything but the metal channel by itself. As long as the metal channel is 30" long, then that's the length you want.
The actual channel is 29" except where a flat extends to hold the pulley.
Profile picture of Tom
Hmm... the way you described it just now actually makes me a little suspicious. I'm starting to think our Series 385 may not be what you want. There's another type of special balance that more closely matches what you're talking about.

Is there any way you can show us a couple pictures of your balance? That would help clear up a lot of confusion. We would need to clearly see the top and bottom attachments. Thank you!
Please find attached the photo of my channel balance.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I thought as much. You have an old Security window balance system. We can make it, but it will need to be a custom order. Specifically, it uses a 19-042 top fitting and 15-005 bottom fitting. I would also use the 2910 stamp option, of course. I can send you a custom order link which you can use to add this balance to your cart, if you'd like. I just need to know how many you need.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.