channel balance ID?

A home owner from Long Beach, CA says:
I would like to place an order, but not sure whether I need the 380, 385, or 395 series.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Based on your pictures, I think our S385-14 would be the best match. This comes with the 15-004 shoe. Just make sure that your shoe is the same size as the 15-004.
I weighed the sash, and it is 17 pounds. I noticed that the highest weight option is 11-12 pounds (stamp 1340) for a 14 inch balance. Any suggestions?

I also need a 25 inch balance for a 32 pound sash, which appears 2 pounds short of your highest.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for clarifying! I didn't realize your window was so heavy. We can replace this balance with a special 1360 option, though it will need to be custom made. Can you just confirm how many you need?

For the 25 inch balance, which Series did you come up with? We could custom make that, as well.
Just to be sure that everything is done correctly, I would love to be able to just mail you our balances, and you can custom create from there. Is it possible to mail them in?

I came up with the same series for both. They appear to have the same tops and shoes.

I would need 4 of each type, so a total of 8.
Profile picture of Tom
You could mail them in, but I'm not sure how much more that wold tell us. We cannot determine the strength of the spring with the balance in hand, and as long as the measurements match our Series 385 then you should be good to go. We list detailed information for this balance on our site that you can use as reference. If you do wish to send a sample in, you can do so at any time. Let me know how you'd like to proceed.
Thank you. If mailing them in will not help in any way, I would like to go ahead and place an order for the 385 series, with the special 1360 option, which I presume deals with the sash weight.

So the details are:

1. 385 series
14 inch channel balance-17 pound sash
special 1360 option
Total needed: 4

2. 385 series
25 inch channel balance-32 pound sash
special 1360 option
Total needed: 4

Just let me know what I need to do.

Profile picture of Tom
Yes, a 1360 option denotes a pair of balances that can, together, carry a sash weight of 15 through 18 pounds.

For the S385-25 balance, we would recommend the 2465 option, which in turn can carry 30 through 33 pounds.

I will send you two custom order forms for 4 of these balances. These will include a price quote.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.