SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

channel balance guides

A handy person from La Quinta, CA says:
I have attached photos of the channel balance guide I need to replace. It is for a non-tilting window, 1/2 inch wide and 35 inches long (metal track only not including the plastic clips on each end).

It looks like the top clip is a #19-005, but I'm not sure the bottom clip matches any on your site.

I need two channel balance guides and two black track caps #18-177.

Let me know if you can fill my order. I'll send you credit card info.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thanks for posting. We need to figure out what that bottom shoe is. Check out our 15-001 and 15-002 and tell me which is a closer match.
15-001 and 15-002
I will also need to know what number is printed on your balance.
The measurements are exactly the same as 15-001, but the bottom of the plastic piece has a little less upslope from back to front. It would probably work.
Profile picture of Tom
I agree. As long as the dimensions are the same, the shoe should work out for you. These things serve a very simple function and so the molding doesn't necessarily have to be identical, as long as the dimensions match.
How do I proceed to special order two guides? I also need two black track caps #18-177.
Profile picture of Tom
We can do that right here, I just need to know what number is printed on the metal channel of your balance system. The stamp will help us determine the strength of your balance.
The printed information on the metal channel is 34 4 HX CMC 11.

I need two channel guides for a non-tilting window with a channel width of 1/2 inch and a length (metal channel only not including the plastic ends) of 35 inches.

The channel ends should be #19-005 on the top and 15-001 on the bottom.

I also need two black channel guide track caps #18-177.
Profile picture of Tom
Great! That should be everything we need. Check out the S395-35 with the 3440 option. Add that balance to your shopping cart along with the 18-177 guide that you need.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)