SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

channel balance replacement

A quick learner from memphis tn says:
i need this channel balance: total length is 30 1/16 inch.the metal frame measures 9/16 x 1/2 inch.please view picture.
User submitted photo of their channel balance.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
This appears to be our S390-31 Channel Balance. However, we will need the number printed on the balance in order to determine the correct balance Series.

Can you please give us any letters and/or numbers printed on the balance?
A quick learner from memphis tn 38134 says:
Thanks for the reply!!! Sorry no numbers on the part, i have looked closely.I think the part S390-31 looks like the one. I wilL call your company and order some parts,if you think that would be the safe thing to do.IF NOT, PLEASE ADVISE!! thank you, Tom F
Profile picture of Mike
Well, we need to figure out what stamp number you'll need. Can you remove the window sash and place it on scale and give us the sash weight in lbs?
A quick learner from bartlett tn 38134 says:
Thank you for your help!! I did find a stamped number on the channel balance. Number on channel balance is (28 3 L 1). Weight of the sash is 16.5 pounds.Thanks again!! Tom
Profile picture of Mike
Thank you for getting back to us.

Can you confirm the length of the channel portion of the balance only?
A home owner from BARTLETT TN 38134 says:
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP. THE METAL PORTION OF THE BALANCE IS 29.0 INCHES IN LENGTH. THANK YOU TOM F
Profile picture of Mike
It appears you'll need the S390-29 Channel Balance with the 2830 stamp option.
A home owner from Bartlett Tn 38134 says:
Thank you Mike i will order parts now!! Tom Ferguson
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)