SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

channel balance replacement shoe

A home owner from California says:
Hi,

Quick question... I need some 1/2 inch channel balance shoes. Mine, as pictured, measures 1" in length by 1.0985" (? 1 3/32") deep. Those dimensions match your part 15-005, but mine doesn't have wings. My dimensions are close (close enough?) to your part 15-001, which appears to be slightly deeper being 1 1/8" deep. Which should I buy (or another)?

Thanks!

Philip

P.S. Your website, with all the tips, clear pictures, and measurements is truly the best out there and I am bookmarking your site.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
A home owner from California says:
I could Dremel off wings off of 15-004, I suppose.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Phillip! I'm glad you're happy with your site! Hopefully we can help you with this issue.

Now, I think the 15-001 might be the best choice for you, since it does not have wings. It is possible that you once had a 1-1/8" depth and it simply just wore down over time. Even if that's not the case, you could also grind it down a little until it's to size, which is easier than trimming off the wings.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)