SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

channel balance weight

A handy person from Fountain Valley, CA says:
I need this two channel balances with the printed code 26DS BSI PT45L at the bottom of the channel.
I'm guessing it should be a S385-26.
I'm ready to order but I'm not sure what is the right product I need. Please help me. I don't have a picture to show.
Thank you Dan
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you have either, unfortunately. Based on your stamp, though, I can say that the balance would be 27" long, not 26". You should measure the metal channel to be sure. Also measure your nylon attachments to make sure the S385-27 is the right choice. This comes with the 19-005 and 15-004. Finally, to determine the proper stamp option, I would weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the chart on the S385-27 store page.
A handy person from Fountain Valley, CA says:
My window weight is 41 lbs , wide 40", 29" high.
The balance is 27" long with 19-005 and 15-004.
Based on your wight chart the maximum is 36 lbs. What can we do?
May we order two channel balances with the stamp 26DS BSI PT 45L to fit our window? If so what it will cost and how long we expect them to arrive.

Enclosed pictures
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
I'm glad you submitted these pictures. This is not our Series 385 balance. This is a special kind that will need to be custom made. Please give us a little time as we look into this.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks again for your patience. Because of your in depth information, we have everything we need to get started. I will email you a custom order link for two of these balances.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)