channel balances

A quick learner from USA says:
Im looking to replace the current channel balances I have. I looked on the website and saw that the Series 385 was very similar to what I currently have and needed some additional guidance.

Channel Balance is 30
User submitted photos of a top sash guide.
A quick learner from USA says:
Upon further investigating, it appears the brittle plastic piece that is screwed into the window frame is the cause of the springs inability to stay down. The two photos submitted shows the issue....do you have these parts available for all of my windows?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Please take a look at product 18-166 top sash guide and compare that to what you currently have. Please get back to us and let us know how that works out for you.
A quick learner says:
I ordered 42 if them from you on Tuesday. That was the correct part. Could you confirm the proper channel guides if needed? Is it series 385?
Profile picture of Tom
Great, thank you for the order! I'm glad it worked out. I cannot say for sure if the Series 385 is a match. There is no way to identify the balance based on just the top sash guide. The only way to confirm is to carefully compare the details and information we show for this balance to what you have installed now.
A quick learner says:
Thanks for the speedy reply. Would code numbers and photos assist you?
channel balance
channel balance
channel balance
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. It's tough to say. It would be either the S380-30 or S385-30 but I can't confirm which. You will need to carefully go over the information we show on our site to confirm the best match.
A quick learner says:
Appreciate all the guidance you have provided. After studying and reviewing the current channel guides I have another question. It appears the only difference between the S385 and S380 is one dimension in depth on the attached shoe. The S385 is 1 & 3/32" while the S380 is 1.0". Am I missing any other differences? Thanks again!!
Profile picture of Tom
Nope, that's the only difference. All you have to do is measure your shoe to determine which is better. Also, make sure to keep wear in mind when you measure; to be more specific, due to friction over the years, your shoe might be a little smaller than it was originally.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.