channel replacement assistance needed

A home owner from Bend, Oregon says:
Hello,

Can you help identify the channel balance replacement part?

The one I have is 26" long exluding the end pieces. Photos of the end pieces are included, along with a photo of the code printed on the channel.

Many thanks,

Barbara
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Barbara. Based on your pictures, I recommend our S395-26 with a 2550 option. See what you think!
A home owner from Bend, OR says:
Thank you Paul. What is a 2550 option? I can't seem to find a photo of this.

Thanks,

Barbara
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 2550 option is not a separate part, it's an aspect of the S395-26 channel balance. All channel balances have these stamp options which indicate the strength of the spring. When you're selecting the option for the S395-26, you're essentially telling us how you want the spring to be calibrated. Specifically, two balances with a 2550 option, working together, can carry a sash weight of 25 through 28 pounds. We have more information on the S395-26 store page, as well.
A home owner from Bend, OR says:

Hi Paul,

I'm following up on the additional photos I recently submitted (through this portal) of the channel balance and its foot (the original was of the broken channel balance, and the foot appeared to have some damaged), and my question as to whether this changed the channel balance that was initially recommended. I received an email from Tom (not through this portal), and I responded with another question, but have not heard back. Perhaps you can address my question. I am resubmitting the photos as well. The email chain is below.

Many thanks,

Barbara Simms

Barbara Simms

To
SWISCO. com

Oct 14 at 5:10 PM

Thank you Tom. The series 385 and 380 appear to be quite similar. From the pictures on Swisco's website, I thought my channel balance might be closer to series 380. What is the difference between shoe part number 15-005 and15-004?

Thanks again,

-Barbara

On Monday, October 10, 2016 7:56 AM, SWISCO. com wrote:

Thank you for the additional pictures. Based on what I see here, you could have our Series 385 channel balance instead of the Series 395.

Case #74806

Best Regards,
Tom

---
Tom M
SWISCO.com Support
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The only difference between the 15-004 and 15-005 is their size. You will have to measure your shoe to confirm.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.