SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

3654 Peachtree channel window ballance ID

A contractor from New York says:
Hi,

here are photos of my channel balance from a peach tree double hung window. the channel is 23 1/4" long 1/2" wide. there are no plastic ends, only the metal channel. It screws to the window through holes near the ends in the bottom of the channels - I can not tell from your photos if your 23-1/4" Peachtree Balance Product Code: S745-23 has these holes. It is a metal window so the location of these holes are important (not like I can screw it anywhere into a wood window). the mounting holes are 1/2" from the spring end and 3/16" from the pulley end. The sash weighs 16LBS.

The ID on the channel is 6354 Caldwell BM. I think your S745-23 22.25-3 seems correct BUT cross referencing the Cadwell number elseware seemed to indicate that my current channels are for a 20 - 23 LB sash

which channel and stamp option do you recommend?

thanks

Paul P

User submitted photos of a window balance.
don't know if you need this info as well:
the window itself measures approximately 52" high by 31" wide
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Paul. Yes, our Series 745 Peachtree balance has holes on both ends with your dimensions. I would recommend our S745-23. For a 20-23 lb. sash, I also recommend that you use the 22.25-4 option.
Thank you Paul,

Just to be sure, you are recommending the 22.25-4 option for a 20-23 lb. sash.

My sash weighs 16 LBS. Why are you recommending the option for a heavier sash? Does it have to do with the 3654 or the BM on my original balance?

Thanks again

Paul P
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Oh, I'm sorry. I was just basing that off of your old stamp. I wasn't sure what your old sash weight was. Now that I know what your sash weight is, you'd probably be better off with the 22.25-3 option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)