SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

closet door 71" Bottom Concave Roller Track

A quick learner from Asbury Park, NJ says:
I was leaning towards replacing with your 23-272, however the dimensions and shape of the track are different.

The track is definitely concave and the wheels run inside the track. My concern is that my track is wider. 23-272 shows as 2- 13/16" wide. My track is 3-1/2" wide.

Also, the shape of the track is different and I'm not sure if this would make a difference. As you may be able to note from the picture, the center part of my track is elevated and the center track to the 23-272 is set lower.

Would this make a difference?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. This is a great service you offer!

Regards.
User submitted photos of a closet door track.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! We should be able to help, yes. One thing to keep in mind about this kind of hardware is that the total width of the track isn't that important. What matters is the distance between the two rails, center-to-center. Check out the specs for the 23-272 and see if that dimension matches.
Profile view of 23-270
You could also consider our 23-258.
A quick learner from Asbury Park, NJ says:
I didn't think of this originally but actually the width of the track is important. I have carpeting on both sides of the track and would be left with a gap if the track is not the same width. Do you offer a 3-1/2" wide track?
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I see. Not in this style, unfortunately. The 23-258 is a little wider, but not 3-1/2".
A quick learner from Asbury Park says:
I have convex wheels.
I now see that the 'concave' roller track is actually for concave wheels, the track is actually convex. Is that correct?

If that is the case, what is the widest convex roller track with a width of 1-11/16" between the tracks?
Also, can these be cut to fit?
If so, what would you recommend cutting with?
Profile picture of Tom
No, a convex track works with concave wheels, and a concave track works with convex wheels. If the track has a rail that sticks out, you need a wheel that curves in. If your wheels stick out, you need a track whose channels curve in.

If your wheels stick out, then you need a concave track, yes. Check out our 23-242 and see if this can work for you.
A home owner from Asbury Park says:
can these be cut to fit?
If so, what would you recommend cutting with?
Profile picture of Tom
Absolutely. You can use a hacksaw like our 75-023.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)