15-177 used with 3/8" thick spring?

A quick learner from charleston sc says:
I have a 15-177 shoe with broken screw applied 3/8" coil. What coil should I use so I don't have to buy new shoe or pivot bar? Not sure if 1/2" coil will work? I'm sure of the shoe part number not the coil?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If your old coil spring is only 3/8" thick then I don't think the 1/2" Series 152 that usually goes with the 15-177 will work. Are you sure this is the hardware you need? Could you show us a couple pictures of your pivot shoe and coil spring removed from the window? Can you also triple check your measurements exactly? Thank you!
A quick learner says:
I'm hoping the 1/2" coil will work already ordered from you?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if a 1/2" coil will work, though it's possible your window has the room for it. The 15-177 is meant to work with 1/2" coils so I'm not sure why your original is 3/8". It's possible someone replaced the original coil with something smaller, but I can't be sure. Let me know how it goes.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.