coil balance parts

A quick learner from Old Lyme, CT says:
The enclosed picture shows what may be a Capitol Window. The builder of the house referred to Capitol and I researched and found MI Windows and Doors make a coil balance that appears to be identical to the one in my picture. You show parts that look correct, but the balance shoe has a plastic lock mechanism instead of a metal one. I found a #740 on the spring for the one I need to replace and the size of your 15-181 and 15-180 look about right. Will the plastic part work in my application.
User submitted photo of the coil balance sytem in their Capitol window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the nylon fittings should work. Let me know if you need any further help.
A quick learner from Old Lyme, CT says:
Does the #740 on the series 190 spring equate to a certain weight in pounds? If so what are the number of pounds for the 440, 540, 640, 740, and 832?
Thanks,
Bill
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Bill.

For the Series 190, the numbers indicate different strength coils, rather than being equal to a specific weight. These numbers can be found on your original coils.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.